2. Svadhisthana or The Sacral Chakra-
This is the second chakra of our body which is present in the sacral bone just below the belly part. It means home of one’s inner self. This chakra provides improved control over animal instincts, food, sleep and sex which in turn helps to make a person’s identity as a human. 3. Manipura or The Solar Plexus Chakra-
Being the third chakra in the ascending order (bottom to top), Solar Plexus is located at the center of the naval area and is known as the chakra of fire. Manipura means a Mani or a radiant gemstone. This chakra is responsible for regulating heat in our body, control of which will help a person to cool down during hot summers. 4. Anahata or The Heart Chakra-
This is the fourth chakra which is present at the central part of the chest of a person. Anahata is a Sanskrit word which means something which isn’t hit. When 2 objects are hit with each-other, the sound is produced in this world. The beauty of this chakra is that once awakened, a person starts hearing sounds that are of the outer/other realm & not of this world. This chakra is related to love, compassion and kindness of a person. 5. Vishuddha or The Throat Chakra-
This is the fourth chakra in the human body which is present in the cervical plexus, just behind the throat. The chakra defines the purity of one’s character and once awakened, it will improve one’s voice & make it melodious, improve the way of speaking and one’s convincing power. 6. Ajna or The Third Eye Chakra-
Now this is one of the most important chakra which is located in a person’s head amidst his/her eyes. ‘Ajna’ is a Sanskrit word which means ‘command’. A person gives a command to his body to do anything from here. The third Eye means ‘eye of wisdom’ which goes beyond one’s physical eyes. Once awakened, this chakra provides complete wisdom, deep spiritual insight, visions related to future & flashes of divine light (divine source of energy). 7. Sahasrara or The Crown Chakra-
This is the seventh & last chakra of the human body. It is also the highest level of Kundalini that is present in the mid-portion of the skull. It is also known as ‘lotus having a thousand petals’ for being the highest state of attainment. Once awakened, this chakra will enable you to go into a complete trance in deep mediation/slumber or Samadhi.
What are the benefits of Kundalini Yoga
There are many benefits of doing Kundalini Yoga which are described below:-
- It provides peace and feeling of accomplishments while bringing new experiences to you.
- It brings out the creative side of a person while giving him/her a sense of wellbeing.
- Provides you with immense wisdom and ability to influence your surroundings.
- Brings out the kind and compassionate characteristics of a person while making you feel balanced & be loving to self and others.
- Improves a person’s expressive ability along with that of speaking clearly.
- Opens up your mental power that enables you to understand things beyond this physical world.
- Brings a balance in all chakras present in the human body.